Wednesday, August 9, 2023 — Matt Garrett
In this highly interactive workshop given by Matt Garrett, he utilizes financial information and key financial benchmarks obtained from each member prior to the meeting to address specific finance and accounting problems they are encountering (both known and unknown).
In 3 hours, Matt’s goal is to increase:
- Your profitability by at least $250,000
- Your cash by close to $400,000
- The value of your business by $1 million
Topics that will be covered include:
- Understanding the key metrics and financial drivers of your business, including what you need to pay attention to and what you can ignore.
- Showing you how you can quickly improve the accountability of their organization, fine-tune pricing and gross margins, and quickly eliminate unprofitable business activities.
- Avoiding accounting fraud with a four simple step routine.
Value to members:
Matt approaches the issue of accounting and finance from an experiential standpoint and provides participants with specific techniques for improving business performance through effective financial management. Whereas other programs on accounting are filled with acronyms and academic jargon, this one frames the issues in understandable terms that enable members to grasp easily understood techniques and implement them within their organizations to see immediate results. Matt achieves this by teaching each member how to investigate their own numbers and find extra profitability, cash, and value.
Matt is an entrepreneur who found out about the power of proper accounting and excellent financial management through the sale of his previous two businesses: one unsuccessful and one extremely successful. He aims to share those lessons with people to empower them to achieve financial freedom and peace of mind.
In 2006, Matt founded TGG, an outsourced accounting and business advisory firm. He started the firm to deliver financial information to small and mid-sized businesses to dramatically reduce the business failure rate.
He received his B.S. in Human and Organizational Development from Vanderbilt University.