Thursday, June 22 , 2023 — Adrian Cronje
In this highly rated, interactive session, Dr. Adrian Cronje, CFA, explains how to parse the messages capital markets send about the future environment. Dr. Cronje makes senses of the many “topics du jour”—helping the audience distinguish noisy headlines from news that truly has meaning—and provides members with the tools they need to judge how markets will affect both the broad economy and their specific industries and businesses. After all, capital markets lead the economy, not the other way around.
Value To Members:
In addition to learning tools CEOs and management teams can use to interpret the capital markets and the messages they send about the future economic environment, this session highlights specific implications for how their businesses should be run within their industries today.
- Learn whether the current economic cycle has more room to run and how to prepare your business accordingly.
- Become empowered with tools you can use to monitor the messages that capital. markets send about the future economic environment.
- Learn how those messages may affect your business’s strategic plan.
- Distinguish noisy headlines from news that truly has meaning.
- Help business owners and entrepreneurs plan for a transition event.
Adrian Cronje, Ph.D., CFA is chief executive officer and chief investment officer of the Atlanta-based financial management firm Balentine, which offers comprehensive wealth management services for business owners and global asset allocation strategies for institutions. Adrian and his firm focus on giving advice and counsel to entrepreneurs through the many transitions of owning a business, with the unique vantage point of being entrepreneurs themselves.
A Cambridge-educated economist and a long-time member of Vistage, Adrian has lent his insight to Vistage members and audiences across the country. In 2020 Vistage recognized Adrian as a Top New Speaker of the Year. His favorite advice to share with CEOs during these sessions is that the secret to predicting the future is to become a student of capital markets, and that managing your business is different from managing your wealth.