Thursday, April 21, 2022 — Luke Carlson
There is nothing in our day that we do that is so foundationally important to all aspects of our health and performance as exercise; yet there is nothing we do all day long that we tend to do less intelligently than exercise. During this presentation, Luke will cut through the fitness myths and misconceptions that even smart exercisers are guilty of and share an evidence-based approach to exercise for the busy executive.
- Challenge our paradigm from which we view exercise and fitness
- Understand the pervasive myths and misconceptions that we cling to
- Introduce the evidence-based benefits of exercise on health and fitness
- Introduce the workplace performance benefits of exercise that make us better at our jobs and improve our leadership potential
- Outline an evidence-based and time efficient exercise prescription that maximizes health, fitness, appearance, and executive performance.
- Provide specific take-home strategies for strength training and cardio-respiratory exercise
Value To Members:
Most executives think they need to spend a lot more time exercising than they do. In this presentation, Carlson cuts through the fitness myths and misconceptions as he educates and inspires executives to take an evidence-based and time-efficient approach to exercise.
Luke Carlson is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Discover Strength’s personal training studios are among the highest volume and revenue boutique fitness studios in North America. Luke speaks around the world on evidence-based exercise, leadership, and management. He is an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist, Certified Cancer Exercise Specialist and has a BS and MS in Kinesiology from the University of Minnesota and graduated from the Executive Leadership, Strategy, and Innovation program at Stanford University. He received an Honorary PhD from Solent University in Southhampton, England.