Wednesday, October 11, 2023 — Hunter Lott
If HR isn’t considered a profit center, then you’re doing it wrong! Strategize HR like a general going into battle…like a coach planning for the big game. Execute HR with flexibility…like Elastigirl, the mom in the Incredibles movies. What got us here, will NOT get us there. For most of us, it’s not about going back to “normal,” but anticipating what’s next.
- Putting new employees on a probation or introductory period.
- Waiting to have an “honest” conversation until the exit interview.
- Driving Millennials and Gen Z out because that’s not the way we did it “in my day!”
- Your new employee is having a lousy first day.
- Keeping salaries, a secret.
- Having a corporate culture that treats everyone the same.
Value to members:
- Hire Fast…Be so well prepared you could make the offer at the first interview.
- Fire Fast…How many times have co-workers said, “What took you so long?”
- Please Sue Me…Discover the #1 legal risk and how it can be minimized.
- HR Freakonomics…What are the numbers telling us?
- Decision-Making… “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” Roosevelt
- Leadership…Performance Management…Disruptive Innovation…Valuing diversity and inclusion…Leading employees and managing workplace behavior…Remote, on-site or hybrid.
- I Wouldn’t Do That…Old school HR practices that keep us in the baby-sitting business.
- COVID-19…Your top 5 pandemic related questions answered.
Hunter Lott is employment law pain relief for business owners and management at all levels. Hunter alleviates the frustration and promotes better HR decision-making.
Hunter Lott is an HR problem solver. He has delivered over 4000 “on stage” events, over 17,000 presentation hours and reviewed over 1200 employee handbooks. Hunter won accolades as a senior course leader for the American Management Association and as a speaker with the Society for Human Resource Management. Hunter is a Millennium designated speaker with Vistage and has earned Speaker of the Year, Impact Speaker of the Year and Top Performer Vistage honors.
Hunter graduated from Iowa State and has a master’s degree in Employment Law from NSU Shepard Broad College of Law.